A Forum of Igbo Communities in Chicago, USA has endorsed the Enugu declaration of Igbo position to establish the Igbo Nation either as an Autonomous Region in the new Federal Union in the new Federal Union or as an Independent Republic of Alaigbo/Biafra.The Forum recognized and expressed deep satisfaction over the emergency and achievements of the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) as well as the new strategic impetus it has brought to Igbo struggle to chart a new course for the survival and development of Alaigbo.The Igbo Communities Forum Chicago called on the ADF to help in promoting greater synergy and focus among all the groups and forces presently engaged in the struggle to liberate Alaigbo from the shackle of annihilation.
On his part, the President of ADF-Prof Uzodinma Nwala who led the ADF delegation to USA told the Igbo gathering that Alaigbo did not become part of the Federal Republic of Nigeria initially out of choice but by force due to the determination of a foreign power that led to the Amalgamation of 1914.Prof Nwala spoke on the issues of Igbo Regional Integration; Homeland Security; the on-going ethnic and religious cleansing in Nigeria; the militarization of Alaigbo and the brute torture of her women and youths; the infiltration and occupation of ancestral homes of Alaigbo by trained Fulani insurgents masquerading in various guises; the imperative of self-defense as fundamental natural right of Alaigbo and all humanity; the neglect of Alaigbo in the distribution of immense foreign aid flowing into the coffers of Federal Republic of Nigeria; the seizure of the organs of organs of state authority and concentration of same in the hands of one ethnic group – the President’s kinsmen; urgent necessity of Youth Empowerment programs to alleviate the excruciating level of poverty in Alaigbo; the need to drive the Akuruo-Ulo (Invest-At-Home) Movement as a vital element in the Rebirth and Development of Alaigbo, ETC..
The ADF President also spoke on the latest attempts to define the future of Alaigbo with particular reference to the Awka Declaration hosted by the Ohaneze Ndigbo which President Buhari has dismissed as Personal Agenda. He narrated the background to the Enugu Declaration of July 28, 2018 as a Re-affirmation of Igbo Position and which has been endorsed by over sixteen pan-Igbo and pro-Biafra organizations, including major stakeholders in Alaigbo.
Finally, Chicago Forum resolves as follows:
- To recognize and express deep satisfaction over the emergency and achievements of the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) as well as the new strategic impetus it has brought to the struggle to chart a new course for the survival and development of Alaigbo
- The forum called on the ADF to help promote greater synergy and focus among all the groups and forces presently engaged in the struggle to liberate Alaigbo from the shackle of annihilation.
- The Forum urged the Ohaneze Ndigbo and the State Governments in Alaigbo to recognize and support the role of the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) in the affairs of Alaigbo.
- The Forum firmly endorsed the ENUGU DECLEARATION and calls on UmuIgbo to align the Igbo struggle to establish the Igbo Nation either as An Autonomous Region in the new Federal Union or as An Independent Republic if the first option is rejected by the forces of hegemony in Nigeria
- The Forum condemns the military occupation of Alaigbo, the killings of Igbo citizens by the Nigerian military and Fulani insurgents, the harassment and torture of Igbo citizens as if they are disposable items or slaves whose lives do not matter.
- The Forum condemns the recent arrest, torture and detention of Igbo women who were peacefully demanding the release of Nnamdi Kalu, the IPOB leader.
- The Forum called on the Federal Government of Nigeria to release Nnamdi Kanu and his parents who disappeared during the invasion of Alaigbo by the Nigerian Army under the guise of OPERATION PYTHON DANCE since 2017 and also release all IPOB and other freedom agitators in the Prison.
- The Forum condemns the seizure of all the organs of governance in the Federal Republic of Nigeria, to wit the Executive, the Judiciary, the Military, Security forces and Civil Authority by Fulani leaders and their agents, who have virtually rendered the Federal Legislature comatose.
- The Forum calls on all the citizens of Alaigbo to support all measures to ensure the Security of Igbo Homeland, defend the fundamental right of Alaigbo as an Autonomous Self- Governing, Region, effectively in charge of the protection of the lives of her citizens and Security and to freely participate in global affairs in pursuit of the welfare and survival of her citizens.
Alaigbo must not compromise her right of free association with her neighbors either in a Federal Union of Nigeria or Biafra based on the principle of Self- determination and the right to opt out of the such union if we so wish.
- The forum calls for an urgent need of action to promote Youth Empowerment through promoting food production, through re-launching the Food Army Program that sustained Ndigbo and her neighbors during the Biafra War.
- The Forum calls on Igbo businessmen and women to help promote the Akuro-Ulo (Invest-At -Home) program initiated by ADF
- The Forum urges the Governments in Alaigbo to provide the enabling legal and political environment to promote investments in Alaigbo .
- The Forum congratulates the Governments in Alaigbo for their courage in rejecting the attempt to seize Alaigbo through spurious creation of Cattle Grazing Colony.
- The Forum pledged support for the anti-Open Grazing Bill which the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) has placed before the States in House of Assembly in Alaigbo.
- The Forum urges Umuigbo to render financial and other forms of support to all the legal cases instituted to challenge the brutal and arrogant killings and torture of Umuigbo.
- The Forum took a decision to work with other Igbo Organizations and Igbo Stakeholders and Organizations to host an IGBO SUMMIT in Chicago as soon as consultations and arrangements can be concluded. The Igbo Community organization in Chicago shall host the IGBO SUMMIT.
Friday Nwokeoma Onwukwe
President Igbo Associations of Chicago
Adamazi Adanna Okoro
Dr. Ndieze Nnawuchi:
Chief Emeka Nnadi
Mr. Emeka Ukachukwu
Prince Odinakachi Ubani
Mr. Hardy Ogele
Pastor Victor Anukem
Rev. Paulicap Nwachukwu
Dr. Sam. Enyia
Mr. Chidi Enyia
Dr. K.K. Odeluga
Dr. Mrs. Odeluga
Professor Uzodinma Nwala
President Alaigbo Development Foundation
On behalf of the ADF Delegation
SIGNED: On behalf of the Conveners:
Chief Eddie Nwosu
Chairman, Committee of Conveners.
Ndubuisi reporting for BVI Channel 1